Areas of Expertise:
Dr Helen Green accepts referrals for both gynae-oncology cases and general gynaecology case.
Her interests in general gynaecology include complex surgical cases, minimally invasive surgery and the management of menopausal symptoms.
Helen is the only gynaecological oncologist in the Gold Coast who has completed training in robot-assisted surgery. Helen can provide specialist advice to patients interested in accessing this type of surgery to ensure this type of procedure is appropriate for their individual circumstances.
Common Referrals Include:
- Gynaecological cancer/precancer surgery
- Complex pelvic surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery including robotic hysterectomy and laparoscopic hysterectomy.
- Colposcopy and LLETZ for cervical dysplasia
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Complex adnexal/uterine masses
Suggested Investigations Prior to Referral
Referrals for histologically or cytologically confirmed cancers:
Cervical Cancer, Vaginal Cancer and Vulval cancer:
Many of these patients require a PET CT and in the case of cervical and vaginal cancer, a pelvic MRI .
Dr Green is happy to organize these investigations. However, if your patient is travelling a long distance for their appointment, please contact our rooms for advice regarding the appropriate imaging for each woman’s individual circumstances.
Tubo-Ovarian or Peritoneal Cancer:
Tumour markes for CA125, CEA and CA19.9.
We prefer to assess these cancers with a PET CT.
Dr Green is happy to organize this. However, if your patient is travelling a long distance to for their appointment, please contact our rooms for advice regarding appropriate imaging.
Referral for Adnexal Mass:
- If > 40 years old or suspicious features on ultrasound, consider CA-125
- If ascites or omental disease suspected, consider CT scan.
- If you would like specific advice for individual patients, please contact our rooms.
- In the case of a CT that shows ascites or omental disease, we can help to co-ordinate an urgent histopathological sample prior to your patient’s first appointment.
Referral for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding:
- TA/TV Pelvic Ultrasound
- FBC +/- Iron studies
Referral for patients at inherited risk of gynaecological cancers:
Genetic testing/counselling reports are appreciated
If you have a question or would like to
discuss a case before referring,
please call Dr Green’s rooms on (07) 5597 2710.
Providing excellence in care with compassion and advocacy for women’s needs.